June 7, 2009

Orange Rolls Recipe

I've had several requests for my grandma's orange roll recipe, so I thought I'd share it. They are really good!

Orange Rolls

1 can evaporated milk

½ cup water

5 T Vegetable oil

5 T sugar

2 t Salt

1 T gluten (optional but better with it)

2 T yeast dissolved in ½ cup lukewarm water

2 well beaten eggs

6-7 cups flour



Add ingredients in order listed above to electric mixer (like a Bosch)

Beat/knead very well. Mix for 3-5 minutes with only half of the flour. Add enough flour to make soft slightly sticky dough (stop adding flour way before dough leaves the sides of the bowl)

Cover with damp towel and let raise 2 hours. Roll out (I usually do half at a time) to about ½ inch thick and top with:

¾ cup sugar

½ cup melted butter

zest from 1 orange

Roll up and cut into 1 inch sections (like you would cinnamon rolls using dental floss. Cook in greased muffin tins . Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.

I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do!

3 comments:

  1. So where do I buy Gluten!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome recipe. It also works well for cinnamon rolls, and Melissa I've never used the Gluten and it turns out great.

    ReplyDelete