February 23, 2012

A NEW PRESCHOOL!

With the sad news of hearing that the Rivard's are moving, I have decided to keep her Preschool torch going!  I am REALLY excited to start this adventure next year!  I have been doing a ton of planning in anticipation and want to give a quick run-down for any who are interested (I will be setting up a blog with a lot more information in the very near future)!

First, your kids will be in good hands!  I have a degree in education from BYU and have professionally taught preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade for the Challenger Private School System in Orem, Utah!  I will be utilizing a lot of the lesson plans/songs/techniques that I learned there.  Second, I would like to open the preschool up to 4/5 year old's entering Kindergarten the next year.  I am planning on taking only 6 students, plus my own 4 year old.  I am charging $100/month plus a $50 non-refundable deposit for supplies, etc., to secure your spot for the year.  Third, the hours of the preschool will be from 9-12 on Tuesday and Thursday, no lunch!  We will start the week after APS starts and end a week before APS ends to give everyone some breathing room for those busy times of the year!

I am using a unique curriculum to teach the ABC's and numbers that I have already been using this year with my Lukey and have loved all of it!  I will be using a lot of the printouts from this fabulous lady!  On Tuesday's we will focus on recognizing the sounds and sights of the letters through scripture stories/characters.  We will also be learning a primary song and focusing on a scripture each week.  For example, "A" is for Adam and Eve, we will learn the scripture story, focus on 2 Nephi 2:25, and learn the song "Follow the Prophet"!  We will also incorporate 7 different manipulatives per letter as well as various activities and worksheets.  We will be using the Sue Patrick Workbox System on each Tuesday.  We will also learn 1-3 sight words per week and have a total of 26 sight word books to pass off by the end of the year. Then on Thursday's we will reinforce the letter sight and sound by review and also a letter theme.  For example, "A" is for apple: we will be doing apple tasting, graphing, counting, and printing; we will also learn the parts of an apple; learn a couple of "apple" songs, read several books, and have an apple craft.

I wanted to give you a small taste of how my preschool will function!  I have so many ideas and am excited to get a blog up and rolling with much more detailed information, as well as all of the weekly themes and curriculum.  I would love to teach your child and hope you will entrust me with their Pre-K education!  If you have ANY questions please email me at jakeandemilyathotmaildotcom or call me at seven seven zero 468-7733.  Thanks so much!

2 comments:

  1. Emily you will be amazing! I am always impressed with how much you put into your preschool lessons now! If I had a child that was age appropriate I'd definitely put them into your group! ... But still sad to see the Rivards go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! THat sounds awesome. Good luck to you and have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete