May 2, 2011

Duke City Swim Clinic

The Duke City Swim Team offers a four day swim clinic at West Mesa Pool. Here is the info...

When: May 31st through June 3rd (Tues thru Fri) 8am-9am
Where: West Mesa Pool
For: Children 6 and Up. Must be able to swim across the length of the pool w/out assistance***
Cost: $10
Bring: Goggles and Towel
Register: No need to pre-register. Just show up with your money and fill out the form a few minutes before the first session starts.
Questions: Contact Janet Lyon-Huffman 249-7725 jlyonhuff{at}msn{dot}com

My boys did it last year and we had a great experience...this program really helped them improve their swimming skills. The swim team staff was very nice, but VERY firm. You are there to develop your swimming skills, not play in the water. I think they worked on four different strokes. If you have a lot of time on your hands and want to read about our experience, check out my novel length post here.

***Last years session did not require kids to be able to swim across the pool. Two of my three boys were not able to do that at the time. I guess they changed it????? I don't know if the program will be exactly like it was last year, but I'll most likely put my kids in if I can handle getting everyone there by 8am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment