June 28, 2010

Alameda Spray Park


Have you been to the Alameda Spray Park yet? We went last week and had a blast. It’s located on 9800 4th street (just 2 blocks north of Alameda- take Paseo East to 2nd street, go north on 2nd street until you hit Alameda, turn West on Alameda, then directly go North on 4th street. It took me less than 15 minutes to get there from up here in Ventana.)

It’s got all sorts of fountains and things that spray you with water. Even my two-year-old was gung-ho about the “cool outdoor shower”. It was great because I went with a friend and sat under the huge shade umbrella (provided) on a lawn chair (also provided) and had a nice long visit while I kept an eye on my kids. It was far easier than taking them swimming and they still enjoyed it just as much. I enjoyed it even more!

Open Monday-Friday 10-7 PM (community center kids are there from 12-2)
Saturday-Sunday 10-6 PM

Cost: $1.75 adults (if you’re going to get wet),
$1.25 kids ages 6-17,
$1 for kids 0-2 and spectators.

No comments:

Post a Comment