August 23, 2011

Craft night! Come one, come all!













Okay, so do you ever feel like your house is not how you want it to look and so you never have people over? Or do you ever feel like you can never make any activities and you are always out of the loop? Well I do. I do. I do. I do. Despite my empty walls and ugly paint I am hosting a craft night at my house so I can finally make an activity in our ward!! Yeah, a great excuse for social hour!


I made these hair bands at girls camp. They are simple to make and look really cute for babies, little girls, teenagers, or Mommies (it all depends on what colors you use). I wish I had other examples, I obviously made all of mine for my 7-year-old. But the teenagers at camp had some adorable ones that looked very stylish. Please come and make some with us even if you have all boys because you can make some for someone else! Besides, this is a fun project to get creative with.


What you need to bring:


* Several pieces of scrap fabric at least 1 in x 24 in length. Small prints and solids are great. Bring some to share as well! (You'll need 6 strips of fabric per headband.)


* Laces and tulle make great bows, however you don't need them. If you look closely at the center of my orange flower on top of one of my headbands is fabric twisted into a circle. Those twisted circle flowers are adorable alone on the headband as well.


* hot wax glue gun


*one or two pieces of felt that match your fabric (it doesn't really have to match if you don't have any that does, we will try to cover them up!)


* hair ties


* AND most importantly, a yummy treat to share



When: September 7 @ 8:00pm - stay as late as you want!


Where: my house, 7844 Chaco Mesa Loop



If you want bring your boxes of scrap fabric to share or just bring what you want to work on. Please call and let me know if you are coming. Rachael Boyle @ 899-2509

1 comment: