September 16, 2011

Holiday Preschool!

I am SO excited for the holidays to come that I have gone over board in my planning this year. As I was looking through and going over all the fun activities and crafts I want to do with my kids this upcoming three months, I thought it might be fun to offer them to anyone else out there that might be interested. Here's what I was thinking:

I want to do a little preschool for kids during the holiday months. It will be once a week, (most likely a few hours on Friday) where I have gathered the materials for a holiday craft, fun lesson or game, and send them home with a wicked awesome treat and/or something to do at home. I have some really fun ideas and i'm excited! It will need to be $100 for 9 weeks because of all the materials and work. I was thinking i'd start not next week, but the week after and kick it off with General Conference. (I know it's not totally a holiday, but it's cool). I was thinking:


_September 30th- General Conference (I'd make some Conference kits to help listen to Conference and we could play a few games & have a treat
-October 7th- BATS
-October 14th-PUMPKINS.
October 21st-SPOOKY...There will be a gallery of boxes for kids to stick their hands inside and guess what creepy things they are touching. We will also be making slime... Possibility of a small haunted house.
Nov 4th-THANKFUL..We would assemble homeless kits or do an act of service
Nov11th-PILGRIMS
Nov 18th-SCAREROW
Dec 2nd-GINGERBREAD... We will make homemade gingerbread houses, or you can collect the things i've gathered to do at home with your family
Dec 9th-Nativity. We will learn about Jesus's birth. I also thought it would be fun to all get together and sing at a nursing home.


This is a rough idea of what would happen, because more will be added. Parents are welcome to join and participate, or drop your kids off for a few hours of fun. I just want to know if anyone is interested. Let me know if you are so I can see if I should even make it a group effort or not. Happy Holidays! Can't wait!

tiffanycardon(at)gmail(dot)com

No comments:

Post a Comment