May 21, 2012

Jon Barrie for Senate

Dear Patriots, LDS Members, Friends & Neighbors, In this critical election year, as New Mexico goes so goes the nation. My campaign for U.S. Senate is fast approaching the extraordinary goal of securing the required voter names on the petition to get on the ballot. It is an unfair roadblock for those offering an alternative voice to the duopoly of political parties. That may be election business as usual, but New Mexico—America—can no longer afford a closed shop when it comes to the way government is run. Independents must be on the front lines. That’s why I need your help. If the power elites are to be beaten at their own game, then I hope all Patriots will invest in my grass roots campaign as a commitment to liberty. Consider where I stand … There are no candidates who will say that the state and individual freedoms and sovereign rights must comply with the Bill of Rights. The First Presidency acknowledged that wisdom when they gave us the guideline a few years ago of supporting political candidates “who are truly dedicated to the Constitution in the tradition of our Founding Fathers.” (Deseret News, November 2, 1964.) My campaign for U.S. Senate depends on help from all righteous people like you. The campaign needs additional petition signatures for me to be on the ballot in November. We are also in need of donations, no matter how small. This is a grassroots campaign and requires all of the support we can get from people like you. I will offer true Christian constitutional representation in the senate. This principle of allegiance to the Constitution is basic to our freedom. It is one of the great principles that distinguishes this ‘land of liberty’ from other countries.” (Improvement Era, July 1940, p. 444.) I am asking for your time and donations in this effort to prevent established politicians that do not have our interests at heart from being elected. Please visit my website at www.jonbarrieforsenate.com and print out a copy of the petitions and if you have time have your friends and neighbors sign. Even if you have only one signature that is okay, you can mail them to me, or hand deliver them to either Andrea Rogers or Melanie Hyland (Ventana Ward.) My chief motivation for public service is my grandchildren. My 11 year old twin Granddaughters’ developed a slogan that is very true “He loves the USA just like he loves his granddaughters” I want a better life for them. I was a parent of a special needs child and will donate ½ of my senatorial salary to children with disabilities in New Mexico. The warning of the President Joseph Fielding Smith is most timely: “Now I tell you it is the people of the United States were waking up with the understanding that if they don’t save the Constitution from the dangers that threaten it, we will have a change of government.” (Conference Report, April 1950, p. 159.) In my opinion, 2012 is the most important election year any of us have ever seen. I urge you to get involved in any way you can including forwarding this message Patriots, friends and family. “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.” John Adams ~ October 2, 1780 Thanks and God Bless, Jon Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment