August 9, 2009

Anyone thinking about life insurance?

My husband and I found a life insurance policy that we liked and I thought I’d tell you guys about it in case anyone is in the market. It’s called a “return of premium” policy. It’s a term life insurance policy of 15 (or more) years and at the end of your term, if you haven’t filed a death claim, you get ALL your money back that you’ve paid into the policy. Decker and I hem-ed and haw-ed for years about life insurance and how it’s “throwing our money away” because the likelihood of our death in the next 10-15 years is small. We like that this way we’re covered in the event of an accident and if not we still got that money back. It’s like a forced savings plan that gives the added bonus of a great payout if you kick the bucket sooner than you wished. Anyway, if you want to learn more about this plan (which is only offered through one insurance company that I know of and will be discontinued at the end of the year) give me a call and I’ll give you my agent’s name and number.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment