August 11, 2009

FHE Idea

With school starting, and the influx of new environments, I wanted to share a FHE we did about germs.

We talked about how our bodies are temples, and we need to keep them clean. We talked about how when we are clean, we are healthy. Then I had each child sit at the table. I poured a little bit of vegetable oil on their hands, and added a sprinkle of cinnamon, and had them rub their hands together. I then told them the cinnamon was like germs. I had each child set their hand on white paper, and showed them how the germs would transfer.

Then we tried washing our hands with just water. There was still cinnamon on their hands, so that meant that there was still germs. Then we washed with soap and water and sang "Twinkle Twinkle" while we were scrubbing. No more cinnamon-no more germs. Then we talked about the different times we need to wash our hands. The children were really excited, and now they understand (a little bit better) why I want them to wash their hands. Just thought I would pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment