August 14, 2009

Drop and Swap?

I'd like to organize another "drop and swap" or "cleaning swap" like the one we had a year ago last May. I was thinking that this would be a good time of year to do it since the kids are going back to school and some might like to supplement back-to-school wardrobes and others might like to get rid of last year's.

Here is the thing: In order to head it up, I have to do it on a day that my hubby has off so he can watch the kiddos. The problem is that he only gets a Saturday off every once in a blue moon. So I have a few questions. First, are people interested in doing this again? Second, if so, would you rather do it right away (I could do it Wed. the 19th or Tues. the 25th) or wait and do it on a Saturday (probably September, maybe October-- I don't have his schedule yet)? Lastly, is there anyone who would volunteer to help with the set-up and clean-up?

10 comments:

  1. Totally interested. I think a Sat would get a better turnout, but maybe on a week night we could come alone and be less distracted. I would like at least a week or 2 to clean out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do this! Saturday in Sept. or Oct. is great. I'm so glad that you're thinking about doing this again. It will be great! Thanks.
    Keri Kerr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in! I would love to help, but if it's a Saturday, I'll have all my kids and probably won't be of much service.

    Saturday's will get the best numbers, but I like Susan's idea of a weeknight. Only issues I see with that are 1. getting priesthood to be at church 2. What to do with all of the leftover junk when it's done...it will probably be late and will we want to drag all the stuff home with us in order to take it to a shelter or Goodwill the next day?

    Keep me posted! I have some really good stuff that needs a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say if we do a week night we do mutual night and reserve the gym or RS or Primary room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am interested. I can't set up big tables, but I can help organize. Any time works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for a Saturday in Sept or October. Gives us time to get things rounded up and also, gives us a day when more people will come and we will have more to choose from...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely interested! I have a ton of stuff I need to get rid of! September sounds good to me. Let's not put it off too long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have several things I would like to donate. Please post a date when you have one.

    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I missed this post. I don't know, but I had been thinking of the same thing. Thanks for initiating the process. If someone takes it home many charities will schedule to pick up donated items.

    ReplyDelete