March 12, 2009

Mothers of Twins Club Garage Sale

A friend of mine just forwarded me an email about a garage sale taking place this Saturday, hosted by the Mothers of Twins Club. Here's what her email said:

"The Mothers of Twins Club is having their Spring Garage Sale on Saturday March 14th from 7:30 am to 2pm.Rain or Shine. FYI people start lining up at 6 am.

It is held inside the Montgomery Church of Christ at 7201 Montgomery- (on Montgomery past Louisiana on the left- across from TJ Maxx and Shoes on a Shoestring)

All of the clothing is for Spring and Summer-there are over 80 sellers this year and you can find:
· Tons of children’s clothing, hats, and shoes
· Toys, games, books, videos, CD’s and DVD's
· Strollers, Walkers, Exersaucers, High Chairs, Booster Seats, cribs, changing tables, toddler beds, mattresses
· Nursing equipment & Formula
· Feeding items
· Baby Furniture
· Maternity Clothing
· Pretty much everything related to children and kids you can find here

Also they do have a Bake Sale with homemade cookies, brownies, rice crispy treats, bread, breakfast burritos, soda, chips, water, hot dogs, and Coffee for you early birds.

This year they are selling IKEA bags for $1. They are similar to the shopping bags you find at Old Navy and are very roomy.

And now for my advice if you go- Do Not Take Your Children! It is pretty crazy and very full of people and all of the garage sale stuff-if you don't like crowds do not go. You may be there for a while waiting to pay. They take checks and cash. You will want to bring a bag to put your goodies in- the large 10 gallon Ziplocks work great! I do most all my shopping there for my girls and if you spend the time you can really get some great deals."

Anyone ever been to something like this before? I've never been into the whole garage sale thing, but this does sound pretty great. Anyone want to go with me? Leave a comment and I'm sure we can arrange carpooling!

2 comments:

  1. I have been to this before and it is awesome! Everything I have found there was really good quality and in good shape. It is HUUUUGE. There is a lot of stuff to chose from. You don't need to be there at 6... I've always come like 15 minutes before and it was fine. I don't think I'll be able to come this time, but they are having another one in May called "Mother of all sales" that I'll probably go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally in for the next one. I actually LOVE to shop garage sales :) It would be so fun to go all together...

    ReplyDelete