April 11, 2010

Costco/Sam's Club


Most of us are members of Costco/Sam's Club, so I would love to know what you all LOVE there, or that saves you money! Don't be shy, let us know!

Things I LOVE(that also save money or are worth the price):

Pacific roasted red pepper soup (great price too)
Kirtland Signature (KS) natural peanut butter
Cans of Roast Beef in broth- awesome for food storage and burritos
Romaine lettuce- it lasts SO much longer than store-bought
Avocados- these also last longer than store-bought and are so much bigger! (thanks Rebecca!)
KS/Foster farms individually wrapped chicken breasts- so fresh tasting and convenient
Hummus that's in a tub in meat section (can't remember brand, reg. flavor)
KS wheat bread (the new kind)
Sweet Potato fries
KS Mickey mouse chicken nuggets
Feast from the East sesame dressing (follow recipe on back- so yummy!)
Food should taste good tortilla chips
Edadame (freezer section)
uncooked tortillas (by eggs)

Things that save $:
Ground Cover (that goes under rock) It's great and a LOT cheaper
Marathon Toilet paper- I think it's new. It works great and is cheap.
Yeast
Instant yeast (Sam's club)
KS Mozzarella/cheddar cheese- much cheaper than store-bought
Oils
KS tortilla chips
Frozen Corn
Frozen brocolli
Frozen fruit
Tortillas
Craisins
Minute Rice
Sliced Almonds
KS Water Bottles
KS Mens white dress shirts

That's all I could think of for now! Let us know in the comments section what you like and which store it comes from.

Did you guys know you can return ANYTHING to those stores? It's one of the perks of being a member. I think they do it that way because if you open a HUGE package of something and don't like it, it just goes to waste. This way they keep members happy. Don't be afraid to return something if you don't like it!

4 comments:

  1. I know at Sam's their bread is so cheap. We go through bread so fast at our house and you can get two loafs for about the same price as one is at Smiths.
    We just like getting our snacks in bulk. THey are cheaper and a lot of them.
    Syrup, ketchup, gogurts, chicken nuggets. DUring the summer their strawberries are a great deal.
    Another thing is their spices, which are great for food storage...will last you a long time.
    PLUS, they have samples...whoot!!
    I have a Sam's club card if anyone needs to go call me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love Costco,(especially the price on laundry detergent) but I wanted to offer a tip on bread savings to you, Stef, and anyone else who is interested. We go to the Sara Lee Bread store on Montano, just west of Edith. There we buy bread and hamburger/hot dog buns for a $1.00 to $1.09 a loaf, and bagels too, but I can't remember the price. We stock up on 10 or so loaves and freeze it. This same bread is $2.50 and up at Walmart. Such a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go the Costco route since I have their Credit Card. I love the samples too, but lately I never seem to be there at the right time! My new favorite Costco item is the pulled pork that Kelli Hood brought to the Easter Egg hunt. Yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I forgot, their return policy rocks! We use it often. Like on the elliptical we bought there about 3 years ago that just snapped in half, took it to the returns desk and bam! 100% money back. Lovin it!

    ReplyDelete