April 29, 2010

Monster Cookies


I took some cookies to the last book club and some sisters wanted the recipe. Here it is:
Monster Cookies
1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut Butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. corn syrup
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cup choc chips
plain M&M candies
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
* No flour is used

Cream butter and peanut butter. Add brown sugar, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, baking soda, and eggs. Add choc chips, M&M's, and oats. Measure 2 tablespoons dough- flatten slightly, place on ungreased cookie sheet. Only 4-6 per cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Above is the recipe as it reads in the cookbook. I find that I cannot get them to cook right if I make them that big. I just use an average sized cookie scoop and take them out at about 10 minutes. I used peanut butter M&M's for the book club. We have experimented and used all kinds of chips like butterscotch, peanut butter chips, etc. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment